[BioPython] Blast parser error

Maqbool, Nauman nauman.maqbool at agresearch.co.nz
Mon Mar 15 20:41:52 EST 2004

Hi everyone

I have another (beginner's) question. Is there a way the query title in
the header of the Blast report can be returned? By Query title I mean
the title of the sequence used as the query for the Blast search.

I notice that other objects e.g. from title, length and info about hsps
can be returned very easily but returning objects from header,
databasereport or parameters is not that straight forward, or is it?

Regards

Nauman

> On Mar 14, 2004, at 7:47 PM, Maqbool, Nauman wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am new to biopython and am trying out the NCBI Standalone Blast
> > parser. While trying the blast parsing methods from the cookbook
> > (parsing standalone Blastn output) I got the following error
message:

> > ================================
//snip

> > Nauman J Maqbool PhD