[BioPython] Martel problems and MS-Windows

Jeffrey Chang jeffrey_chang at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Mar 3 08:56:43 EST 2004

This was my doing.  At the time (and still now, I believe), Andrew
wanted also to distribute Martel as a separate package, that people can
use outside of Biopython.  So thus, the CVS version, and possible
distributions, were ahead of Biopython.  But now that it appears that
Martel development is stabilizing, perhaps it is time to revisit that
decision.

Jeff