[BioPython] one more question about dssp

Hua Wong wong at ebgm.jussieu.fr
Fri Jun 18 11:48:31 EDT 2004

One last question and I will try not to bother for a week...
Using DSSP in Bio.PDB, I obtain an assertion error.

I looked at the code in DSSP.py
# Something went wrong if this is not true! <----
assert(resname==aa)

And it seems to be the source of the error I get with python. Most of the PDB I launched with standalone DSSP pass. But when checked in bio.PDB there is a problem. Is there a mismatch between DSSP output and the AA from the structure?

So I guess there is a problems in my pdb's I can't point out (they seem quite normal, as normal as they can be at least...)

Why does 1FAT.pdb run smoothly while other pdb's can stuck the bio.PDB.DSSP ?

Thanks for your patience.