[BioPython] Fasta Iterator

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Mon Jun 14 12:48:21 EDT 2004

> Hello, I'm new in BioPython (and Python), and I was learning by using

> the splendid Tutorial,

Welcome aboard. And thatnks for the complement!

> when I tried to make my first Blast. I use the
> code presented in the cook-book (part3) and surprised : it doesn't
> work. I search a few to know where was the error : it's when I try to
> create a Fasta Iterator.  So I had a look in the source-code, and in
> Bio.Fasta : there is a class Iterator. But somewhere it doesn't work.
> Could you help me ?

Kind of hard to know without the actual code, and the error Python
reports. How about you repost the code and the error? Also, which
Biopython version are you using, which Python version, and which operating
system.

Thanks,

Iddo

>  P.S. : is there somewhere a forum of developpers, in order to post my
> further problem or should I use this list every time ?

There is a developer's list, but your question is better suited for this
one.