[BioPython] how to be a participant?

Brad Chapman chapmanb at uga.edu
Wed Jun 2 11:32:17 EDT 2004

Hi Maurice;

> I've just finished my honours year in University of Melbourne. During my
> studies, I had used python as a data analysis and filtering tool for my
> experiments. Hence, I'll be interested to be a participant in BioPython
> project. How can I do that?

Great! We are always looking for new people to contribute. You will
probably want to start by taking a look at this page about
contributing to Biopython:

http://www.biopython.org/docs/developer/contrib.html

This has a pretty good list of different ideas about things to work
on. If you come up with some general things you'd like to approach,
we'd be happy to give more specific feedback about your ideas.

If you'd like to start small the best way is to download Biopython
and start by writing documentation or tests for a module without
any. There is plenty of code that can use more tests and more
documentation -- it's a good way to get into Biopython and directly
contribute.

If you have other specific ideas we'd be happy to hear them. Thanks
for your interest!
Brad