[BioPython] Biopython projects for students

Brad Chapman chapmanb at uga.edu
Fri Jan 23 15:59:42 EST 2004

Hi Frank;

> we are working with phred and phrap a lot and wrote a phd and an ace
> parser. The phd should be ready for release soon, the ace parserjust
> needs support for some of the ace commands I have ignored so far because
> I didn't need them...

Great -- we could definitely use Phrep/Phrap/Consed support in
Biopython. I definitely know Andy is very interested in it, as I'm
sure are others. I'd be happy to get that checked in when and if you
want to contribute it. The documentation about contributing to
Biopython might also be helpful:

http://www.biopython.org/docs/developer/contrib.html

In many cases as long as your parser does "most things" and works
well it is welcome to contribute without full support for
everything. Having something to start with might encourage people
interested in the non-supported features to add those.
Collaboration, we love it.

Thanks for mentioning your work!
Brad