[BioPython] Biopython projects for students

Andrew Nunberg anunberg at oriongenomics.com
Wed Jan 21 13:14:26 EST 2004

I can come up with some ideas..
1) a seq object that contains quaity data from phred and a seq object that
can have both sequence and quality data
2) a gff class that handles gff versions 1,2,3
    I see there is a gff class but seems to be tied to the Bio::DB class in
bioperl.  I would like to see a generic gff class that you can just build
your own gff objects(if this can be done currently, please excuse my
ignorance)
3) add parsing and manipulation of ace files(from phrap) as is done in
bioperl's Bio::Assembly
4)extend biopython's seqio to include other file formats: genbank,phd, scf,
etc...(as far as I could tell fasta is only supported, but I could be wrong)

Just some things off the top of my head
--
Andrew Nunberg
Bioinformagician