[BioPython] parsing phylogenetic trees in Python

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Wed Feb 25 12:33:16 EST 2004

I've also written bits and pieces of tree stuff in Bioperl as well - you are
more than welcome to steal from the perl modules if you like.

It is all still improving and being developers so live CVS code is better
than the most recent release I expect.

Tree Parsers-
  Bio::TreeIO (nexus, newick, nhx)
MSA parsers
  Bio::AlignIO (nexus,phylip formats)

Tree code
  Bio::Tree::
   - building random trees (part of which is used for the coalescent sims)
   - some simple tests and statistics like most recent common ancestor,
     tests of monophyly, etc.