[BioPython] Problems building biopython-based script with py2exe

Brad Chapman chapmanb at uga.edu
Mon Feb 2 19:26:58 EST 2004

Hi Leighton;

[Problem with Bio/__init__.py, registry loading, and py2exe]

> I think my problem is solved with changes only to Bio/__init__.py; no
> modifications were required to FormatIO.py in the end.
[...]
> I've taken your advice, and replaced the original registry import code
> (lines 52-55) of Bio/__init__.py with the following:
[...]
> Which seems to work.

Thanks for looking into this problem -- I know nothing at all about
py2exe and very little about the registry import magic going on
there. I checked your changes into Bio/__init__.py

Could you please verify that I did everything right and didn't mess
anything up on typing it up? Ugh, all those list comprehensions and
import hacks and my head is a bit tired right now; so hopefully I
did a decent job.

Thanks again for looking into this!
Brad