Numeric + Lapack/Blas/ATLAS [Re: [BioPython] Installation help]

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Tue Dec 21 09:09:58 EST 2004

Hi,

On Dec 20, 2004, at 5:48 PM, Michael Maibaum wrote:

> FWIW, there is a biopython package in DarwinPorts
> (http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/) which will automate this for you.
> (i.e. there is also a package for numeric.)
>
> Short story, you don't need to install extra stuff for Numeric, but
> there is a patch to make it build properly.

Thanks for your help, it worked (it also re-installed another version
of Python...). I just had to change PYTHONPATH to contain /opt/local/
directories (I want to stay with the python 2.4 I have just installed),
and to change setup.py to include /opt/local/include directories. Is
there a standard way to do that BTW ? - I mean without changing
setup.py?

Thanks in advance,

--
Catherine Letondal -- Institut Pasteur