[BioPython] 3D Structure?

Kael Fischer kael at sonic.net
Thu Dec 16 13:06:16 EST 2004

Andreas:

Although not part of Biopython, UCSF Chimera is another python/open GL
based structure analysis application.  I use it to prepare graphics for my
lectures, do comparative modeling, surface analysis, etc.  It is supposed
to be extensible, but I haven't explored that side of it.

Citation and link:
Pettersen, E.F., Goddard, T.D., Huang, C.C., Couch, G.S., Greenblatt, D.M.,
Meng, E.C., and Ferrin, T.E. "UCSF Chimera - A Visualization System for
Exploratory Research and Analysis." J. Comput. Chem. 25:1605-1612 (2004).

http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/chimera

Best,
Kael