[BioPython] Need help to get Fasta sequence of Gis !

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Thu Apr 8 17:07:08 EDT 2004

Welcome!

Since the list is huge, I guess you should do it standalone, rather than
via the net.

How about downloading nr or np as the case may be from NCBI. The gi
numbers should be in the fasta headers. Then use the fasta parser (see
tutorial) to parse through the file, and retrieve those sequences which
you need.

email me if you need more info,

Iddo