[BioPython] Calculating synonymous sites

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Thu Oct 16 22:12:52 EDT 2003

Of course there are already a lot of existing programs out there to do
this...

We have a Nei-Gojoburi implementation in Bioperl
Bio::Align::DNAStatistics
if you want to adapt this to BioPython feel free.

Do you really need to code it yourself if you are new to programming or
can you rely on other programs?

HY-PHY and PAML have a ML calculation of Ka and Ks and can be scripted
with some work.

Kevin Thornton has a bunch of C++ code which does some of this as well
http://www.molpopgen.org/software/

-jason