[BioPython] check for primer in primer3 or biopython?

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at asalup.org
Wed Oct 15 13:49:55 EDT 2003

Hello Anders,

Anders Lundmark wrote:

> I belive you can use the tags 'PRIMER_LEFT_INPUT' and
> 'PRIMER_RIGHT_INPUT' in your primer3 input file to specify a primer
> pair to check versus a given sequence.

According to primer3 readme file:

PRIMER_LEFT_INPUT (nucleotide sequence, default empty)
The sequence of a left primer to check and around which to design
right primers and optional internal oligos.  Must be a substring
of SEQUENCE.

PRIMER_RIGHT_INPUT (nucleotide sequence, default empty)
The sequence of a right primer to check and around which to
design left primers and optional internal oligos.  Must be a
substring of the reverse strand of SEQUENCE.

I think this won't be useful since it doesn't allow mismatches ("Must be
a substring of SEQUENCE.") and real PCR primers could have mismatches.
Anyway I will try it.

--
Best regards,

//=\ Sebastian Bassi - Diplomado en Ciencia y Tecnologia, UNQ   //=\
\=// IT Manager Advanta Seeds - Balcarce Research Center -      \=//
//=\ Pro secretario ASALUP - www.asalup.org - PGP key available //=\
\=// E-mail: sbassi at genesdigitales.com - ICQ UIN: 3356556 -     \=//

                 http://Bioinformatica.info