[BioPython] Tm with RNA support

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at asalup.org
Fri Nov 28 06:29:35 EST 2003

Peter Slickers wrote:
> Hei Sebastian,
> its a good idee to add a Tm function to biopython. But the Breslauer
> parameter set is dated. I strongly recommend not to use Breslauer
> parameters for any new code. SantaLucia has published a superior
> parameter set in 1997. The calculation schema is mainly the same, both
> are based on nearest neighbor increments (but no increments
> for 1-3 or 1-4 neighbors). The SantaLucia parameter set also includes
> increments for the end of the duplex. This gives much more consistent
> results for long duplexes. Breslauer should not be used for oligos
> longer than about 30 to 40 nt.
> SantaLucia J Jr,Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998 Feb 17;95(4):1460-5.
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9465037&dopt=Abstract

Ok, you're right. That's way I asked before starting. I've just
downloaded the paper you quoted and I will work in a new version.

--
Best regards,

//=\ Sebastian Bassi - Diplomado en Ciencia y Tecnologia, UNQ   //=\
\=// IT Manager Advanta Seeds - Balcarce Research Center -      \=//
//=\ Pro secretario ASALUP - www.asalup.org - PGP key available //=\
\=// E-mail: sbassi at genesdigitales.com - ICQ UIN: 3356556 -     \=//

                 http://Bioinformatica.info