[BioPython] New logo try-out

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Mon May 26 11:17:37 EDT 2003

On Saturday 24 May 2003 09:24 pm, pan at uchicago.edu wrote:
> Wow, Thomas, that's an excellent art work ...

Glad you like it...credit goes entirely to Henrik Vestergaard....

> Do you insist it to be vertical ? IMHO, it doesn't have to
> be; making it vertical makes the word 'biopython' less
> impressive.

I agree. I've put a new version of the logo on my homepage at
http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~thamelry/biopython.jpg

The logo is rotated 90 degrees so that the word "biopython" is now horizontal,
and the problem with the font is also corrected (it was a problem with the
viewing angle). Input/comments/criticisms welcome.

Henrik is now working on an animated logo, in which the two pythons slither
over the letters and form a helix when passing each other in the center :-)
:-)

Regards,

-Thomas