[BioPython] Updates to Biopython Installation Instructions

Jaeggi, Daniel M. DJaeggi at imim.es
Mon Mar 3 10:52:52 EST 2003

This may also be a case of setting up the $PATH environment variable to
use the correct version of python. (My system has python 1.5 installed
globally, and a home made python 2.2 in my home directory).

'which python' tells you which python binary is being used. If this
already shows the path to your python2.2, you should be OK with the
instructions below (python setup.py install).

Otherwise set PATH in your .bashrc (or whatever shell you use) something
like:

export PATH=/home/me/Python/bin:$PATH

which puts the locally installed Python path at the start of the search
path (it will look there first for a python binary).

Hope this helps,

Dan