[BioPython] FASTA input module + Nussinov algorithm module: RNA secondary structure predicti

fhjdfj jfgkhggyk rhodopsin at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 16:16:18 EST 2003

I am just writing to request a bit of help - I wish to set up a system that
will take multiple RNA sequences in FASTA format and feed them into a
Nussinov RNA secondary structure prediction program. I have found a good
python module for the Nussinov on the web at:

http://bioinfo.sarang.net/Moin/Nussinov_2epy

Discovering this has pleased me no end. Has anyone got any idea where i can
find a FASTA input python module and how I would interlink it to the
nussinov module that i already have? It may need to be spelt out to me as my
python expertise is south of poor.
I have seen some info on python fasta input code at:

http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/sis/formation/python/ch02s08.html#ex_readingfasta

But i have no idea how to go about integrating this with my nussinov module.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and will maybe once again give
me the luxury of sleep.