[BioPython] stray '\' in program

Hugh R hugh at parvati.msu.montana.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:23:35 EDT 2003

System is sun sparc solaris2.8 I believe.
Ok, I tried installing a new gcc. 3.3 crapped out during the build, but 3.0
worked. Now I can make a small C program and declare variables of type va_list
and __builtin_va_list, which is a typedef of va_list.
But I still have the same problem building the egenix package. The function
va_start is getting passed a variable of type va_list. Thats the line that seems
to be causing the problem. The variable args is declared as va_list, but the
compiler complaint refers to   __builtin_va_list.

In file included from mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mx.h:51,
                 from mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxDateTime.c:41:
mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxstdlib.h: In function `mxDebugPrintf':
mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxstdlib.h:192: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first
use in this function)
mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxstdlib.h:192: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxstdlib.h:192: for each function it appears in.)
mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxstdlib.h:150: warning: `args' might be used
uninitialized in this function

I tried aliasing gcc with gcc -std=c99, but the same thing happened.

 This mean much to anyone?

thanks
Hugh