[BioPython] performance problem in ParserSupport.EventGenerator._get_set_flags

Andreas Kuntzagk andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de
Tue Jun 10 12:15:55 EDT 2003

I'm not sure if it's really so, because the profiler prints some
negative numbers... (a known bug? have to research this issue)

but it seems that when I parse a large GenBank file, most of the time is
spend in this function. Can anybody think of a more efficient way to do
this? I don't fully understand the algorithm here. What values can be
stored in this flags? Only 0 and 1? Is there a difference between value
0 and not having the key in the dict?

Andreas