[BioPython] KDTreec missing in biopython 1.21

Jan T. Kim kim at inb.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Jul 31 05:53:12 EDT 2003

Hi all,

while playing around with a newly installed biopython 1.21, I noticed
that the KDTree module requires a KDTreec module which does not seem to
be included in the archive. This is what I get:

    >>> import Bio
    >>> import Bio.KDTree
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
      File "/opt/local/biosoft/lib/python2.2/site-packages/PIL/__init__.py", line 8, in ?
	#
      File "/sdb1/local/biosoft/src/python-extensions/biopython-1.21/build/lib.linux-i686-2.2/Bio/KDTree/_KDTree.py", line 2, in ?
    ImportError: No module named _KDTreec

Greetinx, Jan

P.S.: No, I don't use the KDTree module, in fact I don't have much of
an idea what it is / does. I just tried to find out by running pydoc on
it, and that failed.
 |    *NEW*    email: kim at inb.uni-luebeck.de                          |
 |    *NEW*    WWW:   http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/staff/kim.html    |