[BioPython] mod_python

cmcgruder at mcn.net cmcgruder at mcn.net
Tue Jul 8 09:39:16 EDT 2003

Hi Andreas, Hi All,

If you are developing with the Apache web server, the mod_python module embeds the Python interpreter directly into Apache, resulting in application execution speeds that supposedly rival Perl.

If you're using Apache, using mod_python is not absolutely necessary but is recommended for most applications. It doesn't affect anything in your program other than the (perceived) execution speed because it eliminates the start up time for the interpreter with each connection.

I am mainly interested in developing a web application that incorporates BioPython with mod_python to eliminate start up time for the interpreter for each connection.

Does anyone know if BioPython is compatible with mod_python?

TIA,
Casey