[BioPython] KDTree - external missing from Win binary distribution

Simon Saubern s.saubern@chem.csiro.au
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:56:17 +1100

Hi, the biopython-1.10 Windows binary distribution seems to be
missing a compiled module from the Bio.KDTree directory. I only see 4
files in that directory:

__init__.py
__init__.pyc
_KDTree.py
_KDTree.pyc

When the source code is compiled on Solaris, the external library is present:

_KDTreecmodule.so

Under Windows, attempts to import KDTree fail because the module
'_KDTreec' is missing:

   File
"C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\Lib\site-packages\Bio\KDTree\__init__.py", line
8, in ?
     from Bio.KDTree import _KDTree
   File
"C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\Lib\site-packages\Bio\KDTree\_KDTree.py", line
2, in ?
     import _KDTreec
ImportError: No module named _KDTreec

I have no compiler handy for Windows. Could some kind soul please
email me the missing binary, or perhaps update the Windows binary
distribution?
--

Cheers,

Simon