[BioPython] neutral models and biopython

Mic Forster micforster@yahoo.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:49:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi Guys,

I am fairly new to Biopython and Python in general so
please be patient. From what I have read a lot of work
is being undertaken using Biopython to study
microbiology and genetics. Well I'm from the opposite
spectrurm of the biological world and I study
organisms on a landscape scale. A recent theory in
landscape/community ecology is that of neutrality.
Some of you out there may know about this in regards
to population genetics (yes we are behind the times a
little!!). Neutral, stochastic models are not that
prevalent in landscape/community ecology. In fact, I
can only find about a half dozen papers dealing with
the subject.

Does anyone know of any projects that are using
Biopython to study neutral models?

Does anyone know of any script written in Biopython
that exemplifies a neutral model?

Thanks for any help,
Mic