[BioPython] installation help

Andrew Dalke dalke@dalkescientific.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:15:58 -0700

Joel Sevinsky:
> Yes, the typo was the cause of the mxBASE not loading, but I still have the
> Bio problem.  After I corrected the typo both root and sevinsky have the
> same problem as I reported for root earlier.  Thanks.

  File "/usr/local/biopython-1.10/Bio/config/DBRegistry.py", line 33, in ?
    from Martel import Parser
  File "/usr/local/reportlab/__init__.py", line 6, in ?
    __doc__="""The Reportlab PDF generation library."""
  File "Martel/Expression.py", line 33, in ?
  File "Martel/Parser.py", line 33, in ?
ImportError: No module named TextTools
>>> from mx import TextTools

I was going to say you need to install mxTextTools as well as
mxBASE.  However, I see that you have a very strange exception.
How did a reportlab file get stuck in the traceback.

Can you 'import Martel' by itself?

					Andrew
					dalke@dalkescientific.com