[BioPython] Graphical output from multiple alignment

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Fri Feb 28 13:16:03 EST 2003

Hi Ravinder;

> I'have a set of multiple DNA sequence alignments using clustalw. Is
> there a simple way in Python or Biopython to generate a graphical output
> (human-eye-friendly; I mean boxes and lines kind of things) from this
> alignment to show that where  alternative 5' or 3' ends or introns are ?

I don't know of anything to do this in python. It could be done with
python and some sort of drawing library like reportlab, but it seems
like there are already likely programs out there to use this kind of
thing.

This would all depend on your platform and things, but I use LaTeX for
my documents and the TeXshade package works very nicely for this kind of
thing:

http://homepages.uni-tuebingen.de/beitz/txe.html

I don't know anything about other solutions, just an idea if you use
LaTeX. Good luck!
Brad