[BioPython] Pfam

Jeffrey Chang jchang at smi.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 5 19:57:10 EST 2003

Hey Joanne,

Glad to hear that you are willing/able to submit code!  There are some
guidelines listed in the Biopython FAQ:

In general, we will take any code that's applicable to biological or
chemical data.  Before you submit it, please check that:

 It is generalized and likely to be useful for other things.

 The dependencies are reasonable.  Dependencies on commercial
closed-source software probably won't be accepted to biopython.

 The code will be licensed with the Biopython license.

 You must have the legal right to contribute it and license it under
the biopython license.

 You must be willing to maintain the package afterwards.  We don't
want to be in the situation where the author of some code has dropped
off the face of the earth!

Jeff