[BioPython] save or display fasta format

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at asalup.org
Thu Dec 18 07:37:11 EST 2003

Hello,

When I parse a FASTA file I get the title and the sequence, and that's
OK. But sometimes I want to save a FASTA record to a file or display it
in the screen. The problem is that the sequences are printed as one line
(it is a string after all).
I'd like to know if there is an easy way to display them formated (70
columns per line for example).

Here is a representation of what I get:

 >title
secuence_very_long_NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

And that is what I want:

 >title
secuence_properly_formated_NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

(this size is fictional, but you get the idea!).

--
Best regards,

//=\ Sebastian Bassi - Diplomado en Ciencia y Tecnologia, UNQ   //=\
\=// IT Manager Advanta Seeds - Balcarce Research Center -      \=//
//=\ Pro secretario ASALUP - www.asalup.org - PGP key available //=\
\=// E-mail: sbassi at genesdigitales.com - ICQ UIN: 3356556 -     \=//

                 http://Bioinformatica.info