[BioPython] Submission proposal: Bio.Wise

Brad Chapman chapmanb at uga.edu
Wed Dec 17 13:36:43 EST 2003

Hi Michael;
Hope you're doing well!

> I have written a couple of modules to parse output from some of the
> psw and dnal alignment programs that are included in Wise2.

Heh, Ewan's got you working with his code already, eh? Glad to see
you haven't been sucked into the world of Perl and still have time
to do Python things.

> Are we
> interested in having this in Biopython? If so should it go in
> Bio.Align.Wise or Bio.Wise?

Definitely. I think putting it in Bio.Wise makes the most sense --
Clustalw gets it's own directory under Bio so there's no reason why
Wise shouldn't as well.

I think you still have check-in permissions, if I remember right.
Feel free to check it in when you feel it's ready -- just send us
all a mail to let us know what you checked in and what it does.

Thanks for the work!
Brad