[BioPython] PDBParser -> structure not loaded

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Fri Dec 5 03:14:51 EST 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 04:30 am, Omid Khalouei wrote:
> Hi Brad, Yes actually Thomas had sent me an e-mail and let me know that I
> had to download the PDB file on my computer first. Now my problem is
> resolved.

Excellent!

> Originally I was expecting it to also go there and get the file, since I've
> myself written a python code that gets the PDB id from user and then gets
> it from PDB and stores it on the user's computer, so I thought such a
> feature was also implemented in PDBParser. But PDBParser is already a great
> program and I think I should lower my expectations! :)

Well, I should point out again that Bio.PDB now contains a very nice module
(donated by Kristian Rother) called PDBList that not only can download a
list of specified PDB files from the PDB site, but also allows you to weekly
retrieve new or modified structures. It can also be run as a cron job to keep
your local PDB distribution up-to-date.

Best regards,

-Thomas