[BioPython] PDBParser -> structure not loaded

Sam Khalouei sam_kh918 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:16:58 EST 2003

Hi Thomas, Thanks for the help. Actually it seems that the structure is not
retrieved from PDB.

After the following lines

>>>from Bio.PDB.PDBParser import PDBParser
>>>p=PDBParser(PERMISSIVE=1)
>>>structure_id="1fat"
>>>structure=p.get_structure(structure_id, "filename")
>>>model=structure[0]

I tried to print the model and chain by the following lines,

>>>print structure.child_list
[<Model id=0>]
>>>print model.child_list
[]

but from the results it seems that 1FAT is not being retrieved from PDB
site. I have an established connection to the Internet. I would appreciate
your help on this.

All the best,
Sam K.