[BioPython] Creating a parser for Quantarray data?

Peter Wilkinson pwilkinson at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 26 09:40:29 EDT 2003

Well I have just acquired a need for some expression format parsers like
QuantArray, gal, Iobion etc.

I have been looking through CVS for some, and I dont see any. Is it worth
creating a parser within the parser framework within biopython (Martel), or
shall I build a something separately.

These can be large files, and I would want to implement something that is
efficient.

How would Martel handle a 20M Record like a Quantarray file? When I was
parsing genomic Genbank files (Bacteria), the Genbank parser's performance
started to suffer ...

Peter W.