[BioPython] Read Astral file

Pablo Barrera González pbarrera@tsc.uc3m.es
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:33:02 +0200

Hello,

I have the astral-scopdom-seqres-all-1.59.fa file.

Here it's an example:
 >d1a3oa_ a.1.1.2 (A:) Hemoglobin, alpha-chain {Human (Homo sapiens)}
vlspadktnvkaawgkvgahageygaealermflsfpttkthfphfdlshgsaqvkghgk
kvadaltnavahvddmpnalsalsdlhahklrvdpvnfkllshcllvtlaahlpaeftpa
vhasldkflasvstvltskyr

I would like to read it, and work with the sequence, but I don't know if
there's any class in biopython for doing this or I should write it myself.

I need the info of the SCOP classification (the "a.1.1.2"  part) and the
sequence in order to by able to cluster the sequences with the same
superfamily.

Thanks to everyone

Pablo Barrera Gonzalez
Ingenieria en Telecomunicacion