[BioPython] Biopython GenBank

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:44:32 -0500

Jeff and all;

> > This means that there is something in the GenBank record you are
> > trying to parse that the parser does not handle.  Are you using
> > Biopython 1.00a4 or the files from CVS?  The formats change faster
> > than we make biopython distributions, so you should try getting the
> > appropriate GenBank files from CVS and see if that fixes your problem.

Yup, I talked with Jinling (he's at UGa also) and got his file and it's
that "isolation_source" problem reported by Hisahiko Sato that you
fixed. So at least it's not "another" GenBank change. Gack.

> This is becoming a FAQ. Would be good to provide the answer on a
> prominent place.

Geez, we should just suck it up and make a release. What do you think,
Jeff? I have been mad crazy at work as it now appears I may actually
graduate at some point (Go figure; who would have expected that?), but
do you have this next week and a half free and we can buckle down on
what needs to get done and try to get a release next Wednesday.
Thanksgiving release. Or something.

If this sounds good, maybe we should talk it over on the dev list and
figure what we need to do, split up the jobs, and just plain do it.
Whatta you say?

Brad