[BioPython] problem with GenBank.NCBIDictionary ?

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
Fri, 31 May 2002 14:15:18 -0400

Hi Catherine;

> > > Martel.Parser.ParserPositionException: error parsing at or beyond
> > > character 55
> > > Could someone help?
> >
> > Yup, I had this when I started with BioPython last month.
> >
> > This is the LOCUS line change (it doesn't like seeing "linear").
> > Grab the latest version from CVS and it should be fine.
>
> The latest version from Bio/GenBank/__init__.py ? I have downloaded
> the latest CVS version, but I still get exactly the same error as soon as
> I try to use either the GenBank.RecordParser() or the GenBank.FeatureParser() ??

The best bet is to get the entire CVS tree from biopython. The change is
in Bio/GenBank/genbank_format.py, but there have been corresponding
changes in Martel which would also need to be updated, and well...it's
just a pain to update like this.

You can get the CVS tree either the normal cvs way (instructions at
cvs.biopython.org) or use the "download tarball" link at:

http://cvs.biopython.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/biopython/?cvsroot=biopython

Hope this helps -- sorry 'bout the pain; we should have a release out
"real soon now."

Brad
--
PGP public key available from http://pgp.mit.edu/