[BioPython] logo!

Thomas Sicheritz-Ponten thomas@cbs.dtu.dk
14 Jun 2002 11:22:36 +0200

Johannes Hüsing <tmi0m0@spi.power.uni-essen.de> writes:

> On Thu 2002-06-13 (21:04), Cayte wrote:
> [...]
> >   We also need teeshirts!  Helical snakes will demand explanation and be an
> > excuse to get publicity for biopython.
> >

> Well, considering that snakes are a rather common symbol in medicine
> (for background see http://www.consultsos.com/pandora/aesculap.htm),
> maybe there will not be demand for explanation but rather an association
> with medicine which might not be desired.
>
> I am neither much of an artist nor of a coder but I would think it is
> quite difficult to distinguish the python from the (venomous) Asclepios
> snakes.

.. a search for entwined serpents gives loads of information about the
"discovery" that ancient symbols of two entwined snakes resembles DNA :-)
http://timedwards.topcities.com/articles/genesis/genesis9a.htm

-thomas

--
Sicheritz-Ponten Thomas, Ph.D, thomas@biopython.org      (
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis                   \