[BioPython] UniGene parser

Cayte katel@worldpath.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:12:37 -0700

  Reviewing Unigene, it stored information in html files.  Since these files
made heavy use of tables they did not convert well to a flat format.  For
this reason I used sgmllib to parse instead of Martel.   Accessing a file as
a dictionary seems more suited to flat files where you don't need to filter
out tags.
   The  output of the Unigene parser is a dictionary where each key is a
reference to the name of a table.  The  data associated with each key may be
a dictionary or a list depending on its structure.
   I'd be very happy to get the output in the format you want because I
usually don't get feedback on what exactly is needed so I guess most of the
time  I'm added some new html filters since I wrote unigene..

                                             Cayte