[BioPython] Anyone familiar with 'strmat'? (Suffix Trees and a Python binding)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:07:38 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,

Does anyone here have familiarity with Suffix Trees?  I've been writing a
wrapper around Dan Gusfield's "strmat" suffix tree library:

   http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/programming/current.html

to make certain computations easier.  I'm running into a few snags though;
certain parts of the library seem a little buggy.  In particular, the
"stree_remove_string()" function just isn't removing strings properly.
*sigh* I'll see if I can fix this, but in the meantime, I'm hoping that
someone here knows a fix for the problem?

I've emailed Professor Gusfield a few times, but I haven't gotten a
response, so I'm assuming he's a bit busy.  Does anyone know who the
current maintainers of the 'strmat' library are?

I'd like to contribute the Python bindings to someone, but I don't know
who to give it to... *grin* Would BioPython be an appropriate place to
submit this software?