[BioPython] BLAST GUI, presets requiered.

Sebastian Bassi sbassi@asalup.org
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:10:04 -0300

Hi,

I'm working in a BLAST GUI, made with PythonCard (it uses BioPython and
wxPython). The NCBI BLAST for Windows is only command line (CL), so I'm
making a GUI in Python.
I would like to include for "preset" tunning for BLAST searchs. One of
them will be "default", and other could be "stringent" (to get only few
relevants hits if all) and the other could be called "loosely" to get
more hits.
The question is not technically a BioPython issue, but I think you could
  tell me some parameters to use, like: Word size for a stringent
search, E value and so on.
I would put 0.1 E value for a stringet seach and 10 for a loosely one.
But what do you think about other parameters?

--
Best regards,

//=\ Sebastian Bassi - Diplomado en Ciencia y Tecnologia, UNQ   //=\
\=// IT Manager Advanta Seeds - Balcarce Research Center -      \=//
//=\ Pro secretario ASALUP - www.asalup.org - PGP key available //=\
\=// E-mail: sbassi@genesdigitales.com - ICQ UIN: 3356556 -     \=//

               Linux para todos: http://Linuxfacil.info