[BioPython] Biopython

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:14:38 -0500

[James Freeman]

> A project I recently read about is PythonCard, an implementation of a
> HyperCard like software development suite, see:
>
> http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/
>
> Might be useful,

I agree. But then, as one of the developers, I guess I'm biased. <wink>

Kevin Altis and I are giving a presentation at the upcoming O'Reilly Open
Source Conference on "Building GUI Applications With PythonCard And
PyCrust". Details are available here:

http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2002/view/e_sess/3039

It's funny that you mentioned PythonCard on this list, as bioinformatics is
a hot topic for me lately. I'd love to hear how biopython folks could
benefit from PythonCard (and PyCrust). And if there is anything you'd like
to know about the project, feel free to ask.

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech