[BioPython] PDB parser

Michael George Lerner mlerner@umich.edu
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:27:36 -0400 (EDT)

I don't know about other such projects (official or not), but I'm working
on a PDB parser.  Like Andrew Dalke's UPDB, it reads in format definition
files and spits out parsers.  Mine uses biopython's Consumer/Parser model
(I think that didn't exist when Andrew Dalke wrote UPDB).  It seems to
work fairly well, except for the fact that it's really slow.  Once I can
speed it up a bit, I'm planning on giving it back to biopython.  Actually,
I suppose I'll give it back to biopython either way .. but people are more
likely to actually _want_ it if it runs at a reasonable speed :).

I guess this message should provide some more motivation for me to get
back to work on my PDB parser ..

-michael

p.s. writing this thing has been a lot of fun.

--
This isn't a democracy;|                        _  |Michael Lerner
 it's a cheer-ocracy.  | ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) |   Michigan