[BioPython] Plotting with Python

Michiel de Hoon mdehoon@ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun, 07 Apr 2002 15:00:07 +0900

I have been using python with C extension modules to do numerical
analysis of gene expression data (cDNA microarray). While python is
excellent for doing numerical analysis, the problem is that there does
not seem to be a good package for creating plots with Python, except for
Gist, which uses X Windows and does not run under Windows. The other
packages that I have found on the web do not support interactive work
(that is, as soon as a graphics window is opened, the python prompt is
not available until the window is closed). Commercial codes such as
matlab support such interactive work, and it would be nice if Python
could do the same. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to use for
scientific plotting with Python?
Thanks -- Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon, Postdoctoral Fellow
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science