[BioPython] Windows Install Question

Andreas Matern andreas.matern@lbri.lionbioscience.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:35:47 -0400

Brad,

You are a god.   I used the Borland C++ compiler, as it's FREE, and used
both your page (@bioinformatics.org) and Gordon William's page to get it
going.

Only modifications were that I'm using Active State's ActivePython2.1 so
I needed to make slight name changes.

And, of course, I had to set my PYTHONPATH to my biopython install
directory....

The only failure that the setup.py test package gave me was
Failure:test_SubsMat

interestingly, the Assertion Error is:

Output : 'M 0.00 0.40 0.70 0.80 1.00\n'
Expected: 'M -0.00 0.40 0.70 0.80 1.00\n'

Wonder why the - sign?

In any event, I'll start playing with BioPython using ActivePython 2.1
on WinNT, and let y'all know when I run into a brick wall...

-Andreas

P.S. As for maintaining the Windows installers . . . . um, give me some
time, eh?

--

Andreas Matern

andreas.matern@lbri.lionbioscience.com