[BioPython] Installing Python2.1.1 for biopython

Andrew Dalke Andrew Dalke" <dalke@dalkescientific.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:30:14 -0600

Hey Scott!

>I'm trying to install python 2.1 using the rpm
>approach (python2-2.1.1-3.i386.rpm) and I'm coming across some errors.
>Bascially it says I do not have some dependencies needed by rpm.

I'm one of those
  zcat | tar xf - && cd $dir && ./configure && make && make install
people so I can't give any definite help.

(Back when coders were *real* coders and punch cards were *real*
punch cards :)

But I did a google search for
    libcrypto.so.1 is needed by python2-2.1.1-3

and came up with this thread
    http://dbforums.com/t147112.html

Looks like you'll need to also install openssl, expat, gmp,
ncurses, and readline.

I thought RPMs could do all this for you?

                    Andrew
                    dalke@dalkescientific.com