[BioPython] Announcement: Mailing list for microarray data analysis

Johannes Hüsing johannes.huesing@uni-essen.de
Tue, 29 May 2001 18:41:57 +0200

Dear subscribers,

I am currently promoting yet another mailing list whose purpose is to
cover the data analytic aspects of DNA microarray analysis: How do
measurement errors enter, what are the specifics of eg oligonucleotide
probe matching, and how does it affect the quantitative analysis of the
expression data obtained, what are sensible experimental designs that
maximize the signal-to-noise ratio. If you are interested, send a message
to majordomo@uni-essen.de with the line

subscribe microarray-data-analysis

in the *body* (not the subject line) of the message.

After following the discussions here I feel that the topic of the proposed
list does not compete with biopython which is more about structural and
less about quantitative analysis. Thus, I hope it is alright to post the
advert here.

Hope to see you there

Johannes