[BioPython] Phylogenetics wrappers

Jan T. Kim kim@inb.mu-luebeck.de
Tue, 29 May 2001 16:59:35 +0200

Hi Claes,

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 08:29:41PM +0200, Claes Andersson wrote:
> Some month(s) ago I made a posting to this list regarding phylogenetics
> wrappers/code for biopython.
>
> Summer is coming up and I will have some spare time for such a
> project. If my memory is correct there were a couple of more individuals
> prepared to invest some time in such a project.

Your memory is correct, I was one of those who expressed interest in
this respect. Unfortunately, summer does not mean less work / more time
to spare for me... but if an initiative was started, I think I could spare
a few hours per week...

At the very least, I will now get to those old pieces of software I hacked
up, and see how the concepts I used then could be sensibly integrated into
a BioPython framework.

> So if anybody is interested, please contact me so we could get it
> started. Existing code along these lines would also be greatly
> appreciated.

As you probably recall from the previous thread on this issue, there's
Rick Ree's Mavric (http://www.bioinformatics.org/mavric/), the code is
certainly worth looking at.

Greetinx, Jan
 |  *NEW* -->  email: kim@inb.mu-luebeck.de                           |