[BioPython] "Developing Bioinformatics Computer Skills"

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:48:28 +0200

Hi,

I just discovered that ORA will publish this book in april:

  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/bioskills/

  "Developing Bioinformatics Computer Skills" is for scientists and
  students who are learning computational approaches to biology for
  the first time, as well as for experienced biology researchers who
  are just starting to use computers to handle their data. The book
  covers the Unix file system, building tools and databases for
  bioinformatics, computational approaches to biological problems,
  an introduction to Perl for bioinformatics, data mining, and data
  visualization."

Makes me wonder if "learning computational approaches... for
the first time" is ideally left to the Perl league, or if it
should be? Or does anybody know if this book also mentions
(or even *uses*) other 'scripting' languagues as well?

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman