[BioPython] RecordFile

Andrew Dalke dalke@acm.org
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 22:45:25 -0600

Jeff:
> I'm probably stating the obvious, but people, please remember
> that these are still draft standards slated for inclusion in
> Python 2.2.  The biopython core should run on 2.0 for a while...

Oh, you're so three months from now - get with the future :)

But valid concerns.  For example, one of my clients is just
now going through the process of recompiling everything from
1.5.2 to 2.1 - made worse because some of the packages jumped
to 2.0 a while ago and had some API changes, so there's no
way to limit damages by just upgrading one subsystem at a time.

                    Andrew
                    dalke@acm.org