[BioPython] tests failing

Mark Robinson m.1.robinson@herts.ac.uk
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:19:10 +0100

Hi guys,

I have just been installing biopython on a windows NT machine and I am
having a few problems getting everything working. I have installed
biopython from the windows 2.1 installer and have also installed
mxtexttools and numerical python also. When I run python setup.py test I
get the following errors and failures.

Failure: test_SubsMat

AssertionError:
output: 'M0.00 0.40 0.70 0.80 1.00\n'
Expected: 'M -0.00 0.40 0.70 0.80 1.00\n'

Error: test_gobase

from Bio import Sequence
ImportError: cannot import name Sequence

Failure: test_prodoc

AssertionError:
Output: 'J. \n'
Expected: 'J. \n'

Error: test_rebase

from Bio import Sequence
ImportError: cannot import name Sequence

===

The two AssertionErrors don't occur if I run the individual test script
only if I run it from the graphical interface, and I guess it looks like
the newline error you flag in the tutorial. Not sure what that means
really just thought I should bring it too your attention. The other
errors seem more serious from my point of view, can you give me any
suggestions?

Thanks for you time
Blobby