[BioPython] InterPro

Cayte katel@worldpath.net
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:19:32 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffrey Chang" <jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU>
To: "Cayte" <katel@worldpath.net>
Cc: <biopython@biopython.org>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 6:19 AM
Subject: Re: [BioPython] InterPro

> Great!  Please update the module docstring to more accurately reflect its
> contents.  Having out of date documentation makes it really hard for
> people to figure out how to use the code.

  Sure!  I plan to clean up some old code anyway.  Its fine when DNA
contains traces of its history but our python code shouldn't!

I found bug 38 when I tried to add code to the Kabat parser to handle the
case where the third codon in a triplet is left blank.  IThe missing base is
better represented by a dash.  The new code is a guess because it has no way
of knowing  the position of the missing base within the triplet.  The bug is
that the new code causes the
following residue to be skipped.  Should I wait until Andrew or someone
looks into it before uploading the new parser?

  It may be be a a misunderstanding instead of a bug but I've banged my head
against the wall for a day.

                                                           Cayte